Friday, August 31, 2007

Anchor Text: Switch it Up

From time to time, I check the bookmarks of SEOs who are using SB sites for link building. One thing I've noticed that is a big no-no -- you're not alternating the tags.

Anchor text is one of the most important indicators that Google and MSN use to determine what a website is about. Having the same tag, or anchor text, associated with a link on all of your SB sites will diminish their own effect, plus minimize the possible advantages granted for the link itself.

There is always a temptation to use onlywire or one of the other automated bookmarking tools. If you do use them, make sure to split it up amongst 3 or 4 different submissions. In other words, use the tools, but submit a site once with only a few SB sites checked, then resubmit with another set, and on and on.

Google doesn't like it when the same anchor is used constantly. They want websites rankings and link building to be natural. They don't want googlebombing or any other form of SERP manipulation.

It will take more time, but it is worth the effort.

10 comments:

link building service said...

Great article. I'll keep in mind all this points when submitting my site with SB site. Thanks for everything.

Los Angeles Alarm Companies said...

Very cool post. I just recently started following your blog, but I look forward to contributing more in the future..thanks for giving us nice info.Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post.

Dallas Alarm Companies said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.

jimmy said...

It's an interesting approach. I commonly see unexceptional views on the subject but yours it's written in a pretty unusual fashion. Surely, I will revisit your website for additional info.
Atlanta Alarm Companies

Los Angeles Alarm Companies said...

This was very informative. I have been reading your blog a lot over the past few days and it has earned a place in my bookmarks.

San Diego Alarm Companies said...

Thanks for the post, I loved it, it,s style and content. I discovered this blog on Yahoo and have now added this to my personal bookmarks. I ll be certain to visit again soon.

Kansas City home security said...

Thank you so much for this social bookmarking tip and I need to follow this to make things work fro my website.

blinds Atlanta said...

Thank you so much and this is helpful for my internet marketing team.

St. Louis Home Security said...

Was not aware of this "googlebombing" and this has really opened my eyes of what my team have been doing for weeks. This is really good to know and will definitely help me get the results we should get.

industrial automation training in chennai said...

Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.